Take a stroll down to Greenaway from the hotel in the next couple of weeks and you will not only find a beautiful beach, but also an abundance of blackberries growing all along the coast path.
We like to use the freshest and most local ingredients possible at St Moritz, so here is a super-seasonal petit four recipe that our kitchen is using at the moment.
Granulated Sugar 280g
Apple Pectin 7g
Blackberry Puree 250g
Glucose Syrup 50g
Tartaric Acid Solution 4g (mix one part tartaric acid with 1 part water and bring to the boil)
Makes approximately 20 pastilles
1. Whisk the sugar and pectin together in a small bowl.
2. In a medium sized pan, heat the purée to a simmer, then add the sugar and pectin mixture until it disolves.
3. Bring the mixture to the boil, whisk in the glucose and use a sugar thermometer to cook to150 degrees celcius.
4. Remove from the heat and mix in tartaric acid solution.
5. Pour into your desired mould, or, pour onto a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper.
6. Set at room temperature.
7. Pop the pastilles out of the mould, or, if using a baking sheet use cutters to cut into your desired shape.
8. Roll in granulated sugar before serving.